It is the undivided opinion next to his name that the Netherlands has not seen such a player in the 21st century! Great players played in the land of football, tulips, windmills, and beer, but no like Dusan Tadic. Since the summer of 2018, when he came to Amsterdam, he was moving the boundaries with unreal records. He has been the best assistant in the league for years, the previous one with 37 final passes in the club and the national team and He broke the world record of Lionel Messi from 2011.In September he became the absolute best assistant in the history of Dutch football. and the leader of the team and he returned Serbia with his teammates to the map of the best selections in the world with a fantastic performance. When mentioned the name Johan Cruyff in Amsterdam, everyone needed to stand up and today no one in the Netherlands hides it that the captain of Serbia has the status of the king of football. It is simply easy to see everywhere and in every place in the city and the country that has given the world a special football philosophy, numerous star players whose names remain in the encyclopedias of football.
Due to above-mentioned, Dusan Tadic speaks about his status in the famous club, awards but also teammates from the national team, the Nations League, the Head Coach Dragan Stojković and the upcoming World Cup.
I ENJOY EVERY MOMENT, AJAX IS SPECIAL AS REGARDS THE PHILOSOPHY AND STYLE
Dusan, You are considered in Netherlands, as an authentic successor of Johan Cruyff. Do you ever think, now that you are still very active, what it is like to be in the company of many great players of Ajax led by Cruyff?
– It is really a great privilege and honor, above all to defend the colors of such a big club, and of course an obligation. I enjoy every moment, I have a great connection with everyone in the club. The club is phenomenal, Ajax is certainly special in terms of philosophy, way of playing, style that implies attacking style of football. Everything is a great responsibility and obligation, but it only motivates you even more to give and give more for your club – Tadic points out.
You broke many records in Dutch football and Ajax and gained great respect. Is there someone or something, trophies, awards, praise or public opinion, which makes you especially proud of everything you have achieved here?
-Yes, many records in all possible areas, both individually and as a team. I have to admit that individual recognitions are beautiful, but for me personally, the most important ones are team awards, as football is the team sport. I like it the most when we win the title, because that is the most important thing for us. Of course, a good year in the Champions League, it would be nice if we won both this year. I would be most proud of that.
The captain armband in Ajax is a recognition and an obligation to do more, and the football world is familiar with the philosophy of the club and football. That is why the question related to the “communication” of Dusan Tadic from the youth club with the youth club, children who see an idol in him?
-Many coaches asked me if I could go to the children and talk with the desire to influence them together in the sense of being disciplined, great professionals already at this early stage, to learn that quality only comes with great work. I try to help in all possible ways, both for the children in
the youth categories, and for my younger teammates, of whom there are many in the team. I think I must be an example as a captain, whatever I do, it is simply my obligation.
IF I HAVE TO CHOOSE, THEN I SELECT MATCHES AGAINST REAL MADRID AND PORTUGAL
We have witnessed many goals, assists, phenomenal games in the shirt of the club and the national team. Can you choose one best performance in Ajax shirt and the shirt of the National Team of Serbia?
– If I had to point out one, then it is the match against Real Madrid in the knockout phase of the UEFA Champions League. A very important match for us, again at their stadium. We played phenomenally and that match is certainly one of the “special” ones, but there were many big, good matches. In a Serbian shirt? Victory in Lisbon. Big stake. And finally, that we defeated one great opponent, on its pitch in a great style. Yes, I would definitely choose these two games.
You are the only person in Serbian football who won three FA of Serbia Golden Balls. It has a great value if you know the names of all the winners, players who had fantastic careers. Do you see someone who can overcome Dušan Tadić?
-Great honor and privilege, but as I said earlier, also a motive, motive to continue to work even harder. I would like to express my gratitude to everyone, it is up to me to justify every time, and I hope I succeeded in that, that award. You always want more on and off the field. Will anyone overcomes me? Yes, for sure. We have good players, youth players.
I WOULD CHOOSE VLAHOVIC BEFORE HAALAND, WITH MITROVIC WITH EYES CLOSED
Speaking of young players, the question is: who is more talented for Tadic, if it is correct to ask the question, Haaland or Vlahovic? As a coach, for which player you would spend 60-70 million Euros?
– I think Vlahović is a greater talent. They also have many similarities, left leg, they are tall, strong, quite fast. Okay, Haland is a little taller and have that longer step but they’re both hungry for goals.
Of course, I prefer Dušan, not only because of the name, but above all because of the quality.
The quality in the national team, but also in his club, is confirmed by the best scorer of the Championship. How much did Aleksandar Mitrović help you, and how much did you make Aleksandar Mitrović be what he is today, the record holder of Serbian football? Did he take you to lunch for those strong assists in the World Cup qualifiers in Russia and Qatar, the Nations League …
– Not yet (laughs). Joke aside, I have fantastic communication with Mitar, on the field, off the field. We scored a lot of goals together; we understand each other perfectly. It is a great honor and pleasure to play with him. I hope that our cooperation will last, because we can literally play with our eyes closed.
HEAD COACH STOJKOVIC HAS BROUGHT A SMILE, HAPPINESS, SATISFACTION, CHARISM
The Head Coach Dragan Stojković also contributed a lot to everything. What did his arrival or return bring to Serbian football, and not only the result achieved in the qualifications for the 2022 World Cup?
– He has brought a smile, happiness, he brought satisfaction, charisma. He has brought a lot of positive energy from all sides. When all this is combined, When you make all the mentioned points into one overall situation this is what we got by qualifying for the World Cup. I think everyone is happy with him, the public, the players. The way we play is great, we are finally playing offensive, beautiful football for the eyes. Everyone wants to watch you, everyone wants to cheer us on. Well done for him, it’s really a pleasure to play for him.
What was the reaction in the club after the match in Lisbon, were they surprised by the victory of Serbia?
-They were not surprised. They were glad for me, but they were not surprised, because they saw from my reaction in the announcement of the match that I believe we can win in Portugal. It would be different if I was not convinced that we would win in Lisbon.
The national team has two upcoming matches in March (Hungary and Denmark), followed by Nations League matches in June. Can Serbia reach an elite group?
-I hope so. The group is quite difficult, all the matches will serve us as preparation for what awaits us at the World Cup. Therefore, one should not burden oneself too much, but one should keep that winning mentality. Try to win every match, to dominate in our style. This Serbia has a place in Group A of the League of Nations.
Everyone already knows Mister’s reaction to the question related to the qualification to the FIFA World Cup, and the now well-known answer “what a possible placement, we have to go to Qatar”.
Dusan, can Serbia possibly qualify for the knockout stage of the FIFA World Cup?
-What do you mean potentially (laughs) … No possibly, we have to. Can we repeat the success of Croatian National Team from Russia? We can. It should go step by step. Let’s go through the group first, and then move on. We have big plans; we can play with everyone. We want to win everyone and to show that we are a very good team. Mister told us to look at ourselves, believe in ourselves, and we used to talk more about others, don’t do this, don’t do that, watch out for that … We’ve always dealt more with the opponent. That time has passed, this is another Serbia – said Dušan Tadić, Star player and captain of Ajax and the best national team of Serbia.